Monday 26 October 2015

Earthquake of 26th Oct 2015 : My experience

First of all I'd like to thank God that I'm alive and in sound condition. But I experienced a near to death situation today. The fear, adrenaline rush I had it all today.

Below are the real events happened with me today on 26th October 2015.

We were all sitting in the office doing our work. My office is in cyber city, Gurgaon, 5th floor   (technically 9th because 0,-1,-2,-3) in infinity towers. I was talking to a colleague and I felt my head spinning it took me a moment to realize it was the building swinging like a pendulum. We all stood up, I took my wallet and phone from my desk and walked towards the fire escape. The boards hanging on the wall were in motion. In the staircase there were people from 9th to ground floor. All moving at normal speed. During our long journey from 5th to ground floor, we could feel the building spinning maybe it was the aftershocks. That constant fear of everything could break, magnitude could increase, we all could die thoughts like this were making many of us nervous. Finally we reached ground floor and out of the building. It was experience of a lifetime. To feel you could die any moment makes you feel alive.

The epicentre was Afghanistan and Pakistan, magnitude was 7.5
More than 250 people died in these countries. May god bless them all and they rest in peace.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Vivek Choudhary

No comments:

Post a Comment