Thursday 25 May 2017

The Day I killed a Bird

It was a great day as always, but unfortunate too.

I came back home, we have a lot of birds, squirrels, peacocks roaming in the Farm House.
Out of nowhere a bird appear in front of my bike, he had his wings spread and he was few inches above the ground I thought he is flying and would pass so I did not apply brakes.
I stopped few meters ahead to check. I walked towards where I first spotted the bird.

The bird was sitting idle, he looked perfectly fine. I reached out to grab him, he did not resist, he was alive, then why did he not fly when I tied to grab him. He was blinking, his neck was moving. There was no blood. May be I ran over him that caused an internal injury. I brought it with me with hopes that he would survive and will fly again after some rest.

But it died few minutes after I brought it with me. It died in my hands.
I felt so much guilt for killing a bird for no reason.

It was the same breed as shown here.

I would request all to drive a little slow in areas which have birds flying around very often.

Vivek Choudhary
I hope that bird forgives me for killing him :(

No comments:

Post a Comment