Thursday 1 December 2022

What matters ?

I turned 31 last month, As per my ideology the most productive years (21-31) are gone, and the hard work I have done in those years will direct how the rest of my life will go, well not entirely but it sure will have a significant impact. During those golden years, I worked hard, like really hard, from traveling in buses to getting a bike, to getting a car I have seen my fair share of hard work and I am proud of that. Doing 24*7 shift, I didn't even care about Saturdays and Sundays and worked as fast as I could and as hard as I could, I wasn't able to make everyone happy but then again my goal was to serve my company, my organization which I can proudly say I did and will continue to do so. 

When I started at 21 I was energetic, young, and powerful (compared to myself at 31) now I have a family, a beautiful and loving wife, and 2 beautiful children (A boy and a Girl) what more could one ask. Now I live to serve my family and fulfill their needs.

I sometimes wonder why we are doing all this, why not relax and enjoy all the time (for that you need a shitload of money) but then again even if you had all the money in the world, what would you do? Would you constantly go on vacation? I can tell you you wouldn't, humans get bored very soon, sometimes sooner than you think, often during my vacation which lasts more than 7 days, I begin to miss home, I travel most of the time and have to spend a lot of time away from family but still, a vacation is temporary it cannot be permanent. So the question comes again what matters the most? 

I have asked this question to several successful people and I got 1 common answer, which is self-satisfaction. 

Now try to understand this, it is a very simple term, "Self Satisfaction" but it is actually nearly impossible to achieve this. You must be 1 in million people if you have this. 


I am not a very knowledgeable guy but for now, what matters the most to me, is the happiness of my family, the people around me, and the people I work with. The environment I spend most of my time, I want it all to be positive and happy that is my goal and I try to achieve it every day and go to sleep with a smile :)


In case you don't agree with what I have said above, feel free to comment, reach out or ignore.


Thank you

Vivek Choudhary 




No comments:

Post a Comment