Monday 26 December 2022

If you always try to be normal, You will never know how amazing you can be.

 I posted this title on LinkedIn a month ago when I read it somewhere in Chennai in Nov'22. I was scrolling through my posts today and found it and it made me think that this line has more to it, and I should express what I feel about this line and some of my other thoughts via it. I've always made an effort to act normally and with good judgment. I was born and raised in Delhi, but I've been living alone in Chennai for the past few years. Being so far away from my family is difficult, but I'm prepared to make compromises in order to progress my work.

I can really relate to the title because I've always tried to blend in and not draw too much attention to myself. I've always been cautious and followed the rules because I've been terrified of failing and other people's opinions. (Especially in Chennai, it's an awesome place btw)

But what if I'm missing something by always trying to fit in? What if there are amazing things I could be doing—things about which I am passionate and which would make me truly happy I'm too afraid to do them because I'm worried about what other people might think? I think almost everyone can relate to these questions. 

Pexels

Though it's a frightening idea, I'm beginning to see that it might be worthwhile to take a chance and venture outside of my comfort zone. I'm aware that it won't be simple and that there will be many barriers and challenges along the way. But I also understand that unless I give it a shot, I'll never know what I'm really capable of. Seriously, you never know what you are capable of until you have been put in that situation, and fighting out of it is the only way out, I have been through such a situation a few times so I know that we are a lot more powerful than we think we are. 

(For any Seinfeld fans out there, it's time to see this episode.)

So I've decided to take baby steps to depart from my usual routine and explore new things. Though I'm not yet sure how exactly that will look, I can't wait to see where it leads. Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby or perhaps I'll start participating more in meetings or offer to help with a new project at work. I will give it my all and see what happens, whatever it is.

I doubt that I'll ever fully understand how magnificent I am capable of being, but I'm eager to try. I'm ready to take a chance and see all that the world has to offer because I'm overwhelmed by leading a routine, safe life. If I'm brave enough to pursue them, who knows what incredible things might be waiting for me?

Guess we'll see :)


Vivek Choudhary

No comments:

Post a Comment