Wednesday 2 September 2015

Ownership - The Corporate World

All those who work in corporate industry know what its like when the manager comes to you and asks about a problem, now if you whine about it, its not a good idea. You need to take ownership in the job you do. If you are assigned to do a job then all the headache is yours, the issues you will face, the solutions, everything. You are supposed to get the job done no matter what issues you face, if you have a problem then do not speak until you have a solution to it. If you take a good look at all the successful people out there you will find that, all of them know their job, they take their time, they get the job done.

I am writing about ownership because I come across many people who do not take responsibility in their actions, and I just don't get it, when it comes to appreciation everyone is like *me* but when it comes to criticism they are like *he*. Its not good morally and socially too, you will lose respect.
When you take ownership, you might be taking responsibility for many people's mistake but that makes the difference, Ownership takes you to the next level, eventually you will realize the management notices your work and people respect you more. You will soon be one of those guys who makes the decision. But all this will happen if you follow some basic rules
-I get paid by the company I should be loyal to it.
-I should respect the company because I get respect because of it.
-I am assigned to work on this project and I will give my best.

Always remember, you will get the best if you give the best. Don't think you work gets unnoticed, never ever, everything you do, all your actions are noticed, so make sure you leave a good impression.
The theory of survival of the fittest fits at all scenarios.
Take ownership and you will see the difference.


Vivek Choudhary
Senior Practitioner
Project Management System



No comments:

Post a Comment